Accounting Internship (Paid)
Type of position: Part-time entry-level contract (up to 20 hours / week)
Reports to: CEO
Job posting last updated: December 28, 2016
Hours of work: Monday to Friday between 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Atlantic Standard Time
Location: Charlottetown, PEI (option to work remotely)
The main responsibility of this position is to help with financial reports, bank statement reconciliation, as well as accounts payable and accounts receivable, and perform balance sheet reconciliation.
The right candidate will possess a critical eye to ensure the work completed is exact, great communication skills (communicating often with supervisor if working remotely), and be a go-getter.
Disqualifiers – Please Do Not Apply For This Position If You
- Do not enjoy working with or want to work with a remote team
- Wait around to be told what to do before starting a task
- Don’t enjoy solving problems
- Don’t embrace our 5 core values (listed under “About Lift Media section”)
- Help with month-end financial reports, bank statements reconciliation (as well as accounts payable and accounts receivable), and perform balance sheet reconciliation
- Assist in various system related projects, including but not limited to performing testing and documentation
- Assist with preparation of ad hoc and other internal reports
- Ensure completion of assigned tasks in line with established deadline
- Help create accounting policies and processes for the agency
- Enter data and conduct credit checks, and complete other tasks as needed
Education / Experience Requirements
- Must currently be a student working toward a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or have graduated within the past 6 months
- Completion of core level Accounting courses
This position requires a number of skills:
- Good understanding of Canadian GAAP
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive in completing work
- Willingness to work effectively independently and with supervisor
- Fully fluent in writing, reading and speaking English
Starting wage is $15 CAD / hour
About The Team
is a web design and marketing agency that provides services in web design, web development, sales funnel design, landing page design and Ebook design. We work with some of the top authors, coaches, trainers, speakers and info marketers in the world, and our goal is to always increasing conversion rates for our clients.
Our reason for existing is because we want to be an agent for positive change by giving back to communities locally and around the world through time and money, and by investing in people. We’re a small and dedicated remote team of about 10 people.
Our 5 Core Values:
- Student first, teacher second, servant always
- Honesty and integrity
- Everyone is accountable
- Effortless customer experience
- Failures are stepping stones
The nature of our work and the calibre of clients we work with sometimes means that you will need to work long hours, or have a quick turn over for work. This requires all of us to be flexible at times, as we may need to work some unexpected hours. Each us works very hard, and we help each other out as needed.
Being lifelong learners is one of our core values and we encourage each other to grow. Our company provides paid training and as Lift Media continues to grow, there will be even more opportunities for training and advancement in the company.
We’re a dedicated remote team of about 10 people. Our agency is growing and this is an amazing opportunity for someone who is motivated, eager to learn, and self-accountable.
Deadline to Apply
Open until the position is filled.