Social Media Specialist
Type of position: Entry-level contract
Reports to: Creative Director
Job posting last updated: December 28, 2016
The main responsibility of this position is to assess clients’ business goals and use social media marketing techniques to achieve these goals.
The right candidate will be knowledgeable about the most up-to-date social media marketing practices that work, have knowledge about digital marketing or a willingness to learn, demonstrate a high level of customer service and communication skills, and be a go-getter.
Starting out, this is a part-time virtual position, up to 20 hours / week. There is a possibility of moving up to full-time hours after you’ve worked with the agency for awhile.
Disqualifiers – Please Do Not Apply For This Position If You
- Do not enjoy working with or want to work with a remote team
- Do not have knowledge of the latest social media marketing practices
- Wait around to be told what to do before starting a task
- Don’t enjoy solving problems
- Don’t want to consistently provide a high level of client service
- Want specific hours that never change or never want to work extra hours as projects come up
- Don’t embrace our 5 core values (listed under “About Lift Media section”)
- Create customer avatars so you can create a social media strategy that will attract leads and buyers for clients
- Automate social media marketing using software
- Monitor the web for customer service and reputation issues for clients, and deal with angry customers on public social channels as needed in a professional manner
- Build thriving social communities around social media channels
- Leverage media outreach to generate traffic, links and authority from social media channels
- Use content segmentation, social media and social advertising to move social connections to leads and customers
- Set up and monitor a dashboard to track results, and complete other tasks as needed
Education / Experience Requirements
- Certification as a Digital Marketer Social & Community Mastery Specialist AND / OR
- At least 6 month’s work experience as a Social Media Specialist
This position requires a number of skills:
- Strategic thinking – ability to build and map out social media campaigns that will help clients achieve business goals
- Social media savvy – knowledge of best social media platforms to use for campaigns and stay on top of new social media trends
- Strong customer service skills, which includes always thinking about what is best for our clients
- Strong written and speaking communication skills with team members and clients
- Excels at working under pressure with tight deadlines – sometimes with little notice
- Proactive in completing work, solving problems, and taking charge of own professional development
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies or a willingness to learn this quickly (paid training provided)
- Ability to juggle competing priorities
- Fully fluent in writing, reading and speaking English
Starting wage is $15 CAD / hour
About The Team
is a web design and marketing agency that provides services in web design, web development, sales funnel design, landing page design and Ebook design. We work with some of the top authors, coaches, trainers, speakers and info marketers in the world, and our goal is to always increasing conversion rates for our clients.
Our reason for existing is because we want to be an agent for positive change by giving back to communities locally and around the world through time and money, and by investing in people.
Our 5 Core Values:
- Student first, teacher second, servant always
- Honesty and integrity
- Everyone is accountable
- Effortless customer experience
- Failures are stepping stones
The nature of our work and the calibre of clients we work with sometimes means that you will need to work long hours, or have a quick turn over for work. This requires all of us to be flexible at times, as we may need to work some unexpected hours. Each us works very hard, and we help each other out as needed.
Being lifelong learners is one of our core values and we encourage each other to grow. Our company provides paid training and as Lift Media continues to grow, there will be even more opportunities for training and advancement in the company.
We’re a dedicated remote team of about 10 people. Our agency is growing and this is an amazing opportunity for someone who is motivated, eager to learn, and self-accountable.
Deadline to Apply
Open until the position is filled.