Type of position: Entry level
Reports to: Project Manager
Job posting last updated: Nov. 28, 2016
The main responsibility of this position is to design effective conversion funnels pages, membership sites and product launch pages.
The purpose is to consistently create modern and effective designs that produce a positive ROI for clients.
This person will execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering, as well as create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
The right candidate will possess a sharp eye for detail, the ability to create clean and artful design, knowledge about digital marketing or a willingness to learn, demonstrate a high level of customer service and communication skills, and be a go-getter.
Note: Starting out, this is a part-time virtual position, up to 20 hours / week. There is a possibility of moving up to full-time hours after you’ve worked with the agency for awhile.
Disqualifiers – Please Do Not Apply For This Position If You
- Do not have a degree or work experience in design
- Do not enjoy working with or want to work with a remote team
- Wait around to be told what to do before starting a task
- Don’t enjoy solving problems
- Don’t want to consistently provide a high level of client service
- Want specific hours that never change or never want to work extra hours as projects come up
- Don’t embrace our core values (listed on the previous page)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead client designs from beginning to end, working closely with our Project Manager
- Design wireframes, mockups and websites
- Create effective designs for product launches and click funnels
Education / Experience Requirements
- Graduation from a design program AND / OR
- At least 6 months of work experience as a designer (web design skills are an asset but not required)
The Web Designer position requires a number of skills:
- Strong customer service skills, which includes always thinking about what is best for our clients
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent design skills and an eye for detail
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in using design software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Fireworks and Adobe Dreamweaver
- Excels at working under pressure with tight deadlines – sometimes with little notice
- Adept at working and communicating with a virtual team
- Proactive in completing work, solving problems, and taking charge of own professional development
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies, and in particular clickfunnels, or a willingness to learn this quickly (paid training provided)
- Ability to manage time well to complete tasks with tight turn around time
- Ability to juggle competing priorities
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 would be an asset
- Full professional proficiency in English required (reading, writing and speaking)
Starting wage is $15 / hour
About The Team
We’re a small and dedicated team of about 10 people. Some of us work full-time and some work part-time. Most of us work virtually and live around the world.
One segment of our team is located in Charlottetown, PEI, where the agency is based out of.
Our team is a positive and passionate group of people who love what we do and enjoy working together. We focus on problem-solving and supporting each other.
Deadline to Apply
Open until the position is filled.
Please note: For the final step in our hiring process, we will ask all candidates to arrange reference calls with their former (and current) bosses and others.