Business Growth Manager
Type of position: Management-level contract
Reports to: CEO
Job posting last updated: January 6, 2017
The main responsibility of this position is to help build up a sales team in order to achieve financial growth for LiftMedia.
The right candidate will have strong strategic thinking skills to help define long-term strategic goals, excellent communication skills and ability to maintain and build new key client relationships, willingness to maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions, management skills to build a sales team, and be highly driven to meet and / or exceed sales goals.
Note: Starting out, this is a part-time virtual position, up to 20 hours / week. There is a possibility of moving up to full-time hours after you’ve worked with the agency for awhile. In addition, because this is a remote position, it’s necessary to have an Internet speed of at least 5 – 7 mbps.
Disqualifiers – Please Do Not Apply For This Position If You
- Do not enjoy working with or want to work with a remote team
- Do not have a proven track record in meeting sales goals
- Do not have a genuine passion for developing people as a manager
- Don’t embrace our 5 core values (listed under “About Lift Media section”)
- Understand LiftMedia’s goal and purpose in order to help leadership team define long-term strategic goals to grow the agency
- Help recruit and train new sales team members as needed to grow sales team
- Work with leadership and internal team to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue for organization
- Research and build key client relationships, identify new client opportunities, and negotiate and close business deals
- Maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions, the solutions / services LiftMedia can provide, who LIftMedia’s competitors are, and potential affiliates
- Attend industry functions and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Present to and consult with leadership on business trends with view to develop new services and distribution channels
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, help identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed in the sales management system
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met, and complete other tasks as needed
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration preferred AND
- 3 – 5 years of sales or marketing experience
This position requires a number of skills:
- Strategic thinking – ability to develop pipeline of new clients coming into our agency
- Strong networking skills
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills, including ability to use persuasion and negotiation techniques appropriately
- Proven track record in sales planning, prospecting, and closing sales
- Proven track record in meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Ability to identify customer needs and challenges
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software / platforms as needed
- Knowledge of latest digital marketing strategies or an ability to learn this quickly (paid training provided)
- Research skills to identify leads and what differentiates LiftMedia from competitors
- Fully fluent in writing, reading and speaking English
To be negotiated.
About The Team
is a web design and marketing agency that provides services in web design, web development, sales funnel design, landing page design and Ebook design. We work with some of the top authors, coaches, trainers, speakers and info marketers in the world, and our goal is to always increasing conversion rates for our clients.
Our reason for existing is because we want to be an agent for positive change by giving back to communities locally and around the world through time and money, and by investing in people.
Our 5 Core Values:
- Student first, teacher second, servant always
- Honesty and integrity
- Everyone is accountable
- Effortless customer experience
- Failures are stepping stones
The nature of our work and the calibre of clients we work with sometimes means that you will need to work long hours, or have a quick turn over for work. This requires all of us to be flexible at times, as we may need to work some unexpected hours. Each us works very hard, and we help each other out as needed.
Being lifelong learners is one of our core values and we encourage each other to grow. Our company provides paid training and as Lift Media continues to grow, there will be even more opportunities for training and advancement in the company.
We’re a dedicated remote team of about 10 people. Our agency is growing and this is an amazing opportunity for someone who is motivated, eager to learn, and self-accountable.
Deadline to Apply
Open until the position is filled.