Type of position: Entry-level contract
Reports to: Creative Director
Job posting last updated: December 21, 2016
The main responsibility of this position is to generate words, slogans and scripts to accompany marketing visuals.
The copywriter and creative director are accountable for checking that all advertised content is truthful and complies with codes of advertising practice.
The right candidate will be highly creative and imaginative, have good written and interpersonal skills, work well in a team, demonstrate a high level of customer service and communication skills, and be a go-getter.
Note: Starting out, this is a part-time virtual position, up to 20 hours / week. There is a possibility of moving up to full-time hours after you’ve worked with the agency for awhile.
Disqualifiers – Please Do Not Apply For This Position If You
- Do not enjoy working with or want to work with a remote team
- Do not have good writing skills
- Wait around to be told what to do before starting a task
- Don’t enjoy solving problems
- Don’t want to consistently provide a high level of client service
- Want specific hours that never change or never want to work extra hours as projects come up
- Don’t embrace our core values (listed on the previous page)
- Meet with creative team and clients as needed to discuss clients’ requirements and core messages
- Familiarize yourself with product, target client and competitor activities in the market
- Work with team of web designers and front-end web developers to create ideas and concepts for the visual
- Present initial ideas to the creative director, some of which may be rejected or developed into workable concepts
- Write various copy options, which may be presented to client
- Modify copy until clients are satisfied, and perform other tasks as needed
Education / Experience Requirements
- Degree such as English literature, journalism, media, marketing, advertising or design an asset and / or a course in copywriting OR
- At least 6 month’s work experience as a copywriter
This position requires a number of skills:
- Be highly creative and imaginative, and curious about clients’ products or services
- Skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
- Understand the different language styles that appeal to various target markets
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Work well in a team and with a range of creative people
- Works well under pressure with tight deadlines – sometimes with little notice – and manage workloads effectively
- Proactive in completing work, solving problems, and taking charge of own professional development
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies, and in particular clickfunnels, or a willingness to learn this quickly (paid training provided)
- Be self-motivated and well organized
- Ability to see other people’s points of view and take feedback on board
- Work within strict budgets
- Have an eye for detail
- Fully fluent in writing, reading and speaking English
Starting wage is $15 CAD / hour
About Lift Media
is a web design and marketing agency that provides services in web design, web development, sales funnel design, landing page design and Ebook design.
We work with some of the top authors, coaches, trainers, speakers and info marketers in the world, and our goal is to always increasing conversion rates for our clients.
The purpose of our company isn’t just about the money. Our reason for existing is because we want to be an agent for positive change in the world by giving back to communities both locally and around the world through time and money, and by investing in people.
About The Team
We’re a small and dedicated team of about 10 people. Some of us work full-time and some work part-time. Most of us work virtually and live around the world.
About the culture…
Our 5 Core Values:
- Student first, teacher second, servant always
- Honesty and integrity
- Everyone is accountable
- Effortless customer experience
- Failures are stepping stones
The nature of our work and the caliber of clients we work with sometimes means that you will need to work long hours, or have a quick turn over for work. This requires all of us to be flexible at times, as we may need to work some unexpected hours. Each us works very hard, and we help each other out as needed.
Being lifelong learners is one of our core values and we encourage each other to grow. Our company provides paid training and as Lift Media continues to grow, there will be even more opportunities for training and advancement in the company.
Our agency is growing and this is an amazing opportunity for someone who is motivated, eager to learn, self-accountable and wants to take on responsibility.
Deadline to Apply
Open until the position is filled.
Please note: For the final step in our hiring process, we will ask all candidates to arrange reference calls with their former (and current) bosses and others.